Right on the heels of our recent news announcing new security controls, today we at StackRox unveiled the latest update to the StackRox Kubernetes Security Platform. In this release, we’re supporting additional container operating systems and image registries, simplifying deployment with availability on cloud marketplaces, adding native integrations with SIEM and incident management platforms, and supporting the Istio service mesh.
As with so many of our innovations, StackRox customers spurred many of these capabilities. They’re running Kubernetes and containers across a broad set of environments, and StackRox must tie into their platforms and their DevOps tooling. Tom Bartolucci, vice president of engineering for YayPay, a FinTech pioneer in accounts receivable management, welcomed our product enhancements by noting:
“Given our multi-cloud deployments across AWS and Azure, we appreciate the ability to deploy the StackRox platform easily in any and all of our environments and integrate with our existing tools. With StackRox, we can continue our fast pace of software innovation while maintaining our stringent security and compliance controls, since StackRox integrates into all the environments we support and ties into the CI/CD and DevOps processes and tooling that fuel our innovation.”
Today’s updates include support for:
- eBPF instrumentation – StackRox delivers the option to collect system-level data at runtime using extended Berkeley Packet Filter (eBPF), a native Linux in-kernel virtual machine for low-overhead data collection.
- Google Container-Optimized OS (GCOS) compatibility – With eBPF instrumentation, StackRox enhances runtime security controls for environments that use GCOS, the default operating system for Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE).
- Azure Container Registry integration – StackRox includes a native integration for Microsoft Azure customers to discover and scan images in Kubernetes environments on Azure, including Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS).
- AWS, GCP, and Red Hat OpenShift Marketplace availability – StackRox is available on all major cloud marketplaces, simplifying deployment and increasing flexibility for customers running on those providers. For GCP customers, StackRox is available as a Kubernetes application to enable deployment on GKE and Anthos.
- Splunk, Sumo Logic, and PagerDuty integrations – StackRox delivers native integrations for leading security information and event management (SIEM) and incident response solutions to easily send alerts and policy violation data directly to those platforms, streamlining operations and remediation.
- Istio coverage – StackRox provides visibility into Istio services and their network traffic, enabling organizations to apply policy controls on allowed connectivity in Kubernetes environments running Istio.
We’d love to show you how these enhancements can improve your organization’s security posture – sign up for a personalized demo today.